Tuesday, July 19, 2011

On the road again....

Work travel has been a bit much recently.  (I know, I know - there is at least one person who reads this blog that I can not hold a candle to their work travel schedule.)  Summer generally brings a spate of speaking engagements and professional meetings.

For the past five years, I teach for two solid (and I do mean S.O.L.I.D) days at a particular university located in Madison, WI.  Between traveling to and fro (along with giving that pesky exam the students seem to enjoy so much), it takes about 4 days out of my crammed summer schedule and zaps the heck out of me.  (While I do enjoy talking, lecturing almost 8 hr a day for two days straight is a bit much.)

If I am lucky, I finish up lectures one day in time to hit the Penzeys Spices right down the street from the university.

They have expanded since last year!

(Yes, I asked the staff if it was OK for me to take pictures while I shopped.  They are so kind, they didn't in bat an eye when I told them I wanted to blog about it.)

 This gives you a minute example of what awaits at every store.



Personally, I thought I did pretty freaking well.

1) I only spent $68 on some fabulous new things and a few old favorites that needed replenishing.
2) I was "quick" and actually finished just at 7p when the store was closing.  (I didn't arrive until 6p.)

Other random things from the trip.

This was my view on the flight from Chicago to Madison.  I asked if I had been assigned that "time out" seat.  The flight attendant and I spent a good bit of time chatting since she was seated in front of me most of the flight (only 21 minutes flying time).

This water fountain ROCKS.  As a person who carried a stainless steel water bottle with me almost everywhere, it was awesome to have a water fountain available to accommodate reusable water bottles.

It doesn't take a whole lot to excite me.

Want to attract all young girls within a three gate area at the airport?  Knit a splashy colored pair of socks.

Most exciting news yet?

The offspring has earned his first level provisional black belt in Taekwondo!

He is beyond excited and we are extremely proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment