Friday, September 2, 2011

One of those people

That would be me.  I have already started Christmas shopping.  I actually started some time ago, but this is the time of year I begin to ramp it up.  (If it makes you feel better, I don't start wrapping until the tree goes up the first week in December.)

From now through the holidays, I will try to offer gift suggestions for the fiber and food lovers on your shopping lists.  I will try to offer a wide variety of ideas for every budget.  Hopefully you will find something just right for your loved ones.

If you shop for a hardcore sock knitter who has everything, Blackthorn DPN are the ultimate splurge.  Many knitters would feel guilty spending this on a set of DPN (double point needles for the non-sock/hat knitting folks) so a set would be a wonderful expression of "I know you would never treat yourself, but I know you will use them constantly" caring.  [Honey, here is your hint - 6" size 00 would be perfect.]

For the foodie on your list, spice gift boxes are a fabulous option.  Penzeys offers gift boxes for every budget.  Spices are also something that need replacing every so often also.  Spice blends can open up new doors for cooking creativity also.

Fiber fanatics who would like to give hand knits for gifts, now is the time to start!  Scarves (in particular lace ones) are great gifts for colleagues, teachers, family members, etc.  There are tons of pattern options on Ravelry (most are free!).  The Cherry Tree Hill semi-annual yarn sale occurs Labor Day weekend.  Cast on and start knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment