Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sinful indulgence

Chocolate is a fickle thing.  Either you are a chocolate person or you aren't.  There seems to be no middle ground.  Those who are "chocolate people" fall into a range of categories.  Our offspring is perfectly content with a mini Nestle Crunch.  Personally, I think they are similar to eating brown wax.

Several years ago, my husband stumbled upon what is now our favorite chocolates:  Gearhart's.

A couple of times a year, we indulge and order the 32 piece assortment.  A beautiful box of sinful goodness.  I have considered switching us to the custom assortment (it is only $1 more) over the years, but realize that between the two of us, we enjoy all 16 flavors.

I'm not a big fan of liquor in chocolate.  My husband, on the other hand quite enjoys such combinations.  Personally, my favorites include:  vanilla bean brulee, malted milk hazelnut, brown butter caramel and almond mocha.

Our most recent orders (yes, that is plural - my husband ordered one for us and I ordered one for a friend's birthday) shipped the day we ordered and arrived at their destinations in about two days.  These are high end chocolates and will not handle excessive heat.  Please bear that in mind if you are considering ordering during warmer months.  Artisan chocolates are also designed to be eaten quickly.  They should be stored at room temperature (cold changes the chemistry of the chocolate) and eaten within a few days.  (This will not be a problem.)

No, we have not shared with our offspring.  He did have a mini Nestle Crunch bar though.


What just left the needles:
Swirl Scarf
Spun Northern Lights/Kid Seta

Spun single
I spun my Spinning Awesome Good December 2010 fiber club batt ( 4 oz. Northern Lights - merino) on my Louet Victoria as a single.  To make sure I had enough fingering weight yarn, I plied with one strand of Cascade Kid Seta in silver.  The finished total was approximately 600 yds.  I used just under half for a two row Swirl Scarf.  I am very happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment